Friday, October 7, 2016

Columbus Day
Who is Christopher Columbus?..Christopher Columbus was an explorer, navigator,and a colonizer. He is known as the first european explorer to discover the Americas when he landed in the late 1492. In the same way he discovered the New World.While him and his crew were sailing west in order to find a route to Asia to improve trading access, he landed on the east coast of North America.He was also considered a hero because he traveled to the New World and launched many expeditions and migrations. All the money brought back to Europe gave him the status of a Hero.

What is the meaning of Columbus Day?.. It is a holiday (to appreciate) the discovery of the New World by Christopher Columbus in 1492.

Reflection:In my opinion I don’t see why he or still is considered a Hero. Yes, he did discover the New World but I don’t know why that gave him the status of Hero. Don’t get me wrong him and his crew discovering the New World (americas) is an amazing achievement.I can see why the Europeans thought of him as a hero, mainly because he did not only cause the founding of states,Mexico and Canada, but he also set everyone exploring and reshaping the world.


Image result for christopher columbus ships

No comments:

Post a Comment

Class Evaluation      Computer class is a class where I can  extend my knowledge. Not only that but this class helps be improve my rea...